Dar-Al-Jalal Masjid Open House & Dinner for Trump Supporters
Sunday, March 26th @ 3:30 P.M. – 6:30 P.M.
Dar-Al-Jalal Masjid, 8945 Dunn Rd, Hazelwood MO, 63042
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/509651432756613/?active_tab=discussion
Press Release: http://www.cair-mo.org/press-center/389-cair-missouri-muslims-invite-trump-supporters-to-mosque-open-house.html
The St. Louis Muslim community is inviting all Americans to move past the divisive election and “Make America Whole Again”. They are hosting an Islamic Center open house to invite our friends who are Trump supporters and Republicans in order to build bridges of peace and mutual understanding. America is more polarized today than at any other point in recent history. Much of the negative rhetoric has been against Islam and Muslims. Our goal is to invite people who have questions about Islam and Muslims to visit a local Islamic Center, break bread, ask questions, and get to know their Muslim neighbors. This event is primarily for Trump supporters and Republicans, though everyone in the community is welcome.
We strongly believe that the most effective and lasting way to build bridges is to open our doors and sit down together in spite of feelings of mistrust in order to recognize the core human values that we all share but practice differently.
The open house will include:
- Tours of the Dar-Al-Jalal Islamic Center, including the prayer hall, library, and school.
- A Delicious international dinner prepared fresh and local
- Presentation on Islam and Muslims along with a Q&A session
- Small group conversations and dialogue with Muslims to ask the tough questions and build meaningful relationships
- Henna temporary tattoo art, write your name in Arabic gifts, free information on Islam, listen to the Quran, witness the Hajj, take a picture while trying out Islamic clothing, and so much more
This event is free and open to the public with online registration! Register today by filling out your information below!